Tuesday, May 6, 2008

put shooey back

This was too funny not to share. Matthew woke up early from his nap. Usually he does this because he has pooped in his diaper. I grabbed a diaper & cover and went upstairs to change him. Sure enough, that was the issue. After finding some almost completely dried out wipes (note to self: next time take wipes too!), I started changing him. In the middle of me wiping him he said "put shooey back in winkie". I responded with a "what?" because I really wasn't sure I'd heard him right. But he told me again..."put shooey back in my winkie" - I told him that once it was out it wouldn't go back in and he seemed content with that. I did not take the opportunity to explain that shooey doesn't come from his winkie, I figure he's got some time to learn how the plumbing works.

This little conversation put a smile on my face, but since my sense of humor is on a toddler level, you may not get the same chuckle I did and that's ok. Now it's back to our regularly scheduled nap.

No comments: