Friday, November 30, 2007

Scholastic books

I am a self admitted nerd, and rather proud of it. I don't think of myself as a nerdy nerd though. As a child, one of my favorite things in school was ordering books from the scholastic books flyer. I loved those little newspaper-type pages that we got once a month or so. I would go through it the day we got one and circle with a colorful pen the books I wanted. More often than not, more of the books were circled than left uncircled. So imagine my joy when, in late October, Matthew came home from daycare with a scholastic books flyer!

Once again I was able to go through and circle the books, but this time it was choosing the ones I thought he would like. Once again, I had more of the brochure circled than not. I handed it to David and said "why don't you look at what I've circled and pick a few?" This is eerily similar to the way I used to hand it to my mom at the end of that school day so she could narrow down my choices and order me a few books. I really love books, and so far Matthew seems to also - but really, how many books does an (almost) 2 year old need? David picked up the first shipment from the scholastic orders earlier this week, and of couse that meant a new brochure. I am resisting the urge to circle everything on it! We put up the first shipment to use as Christmas gifts / stocking stuffers, but maybe I can give those to him. We should have more by Christmas anyway! :)

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Auntie Beth's opinion is that nobody can EVER have too many books, especially a child! Now, if you enjoyed buying him say, stupid little action figures, and couldn't wait until the next Power Rangers (do they even make those anymore?) catalog came out... well, that might be a problem, lol.

Embrace your nerdiness! (Translation, don't let me be the only one left!!!)