Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the haircut

I had an appointment to get my hair cut the Friday we arrived in Georgia. Unfortunately as we got to my parents' house, my sister called to tell me the guy called her and had to cancel. One of his clients died and he had to go to the funeral home to fix her up. So I called another lady in town - she used to cut my hair way back when, so I thought she would do a good job too, not as good as the guy, but I was tired of waiting. Every time I schedule with him something happens, so I figure it's just not meant to be for him to cut my hair. She kind of freaked out when she found out I wanted to cut it all off, but I am so happy with it. She could not cut one ponytail - she had to separate it into 4 ponytails to cut it off. My hair is deceptively thick. What amazed me was how long it still seemed after she cut off the ponytails and how much hair was on the floor when she was completely done!

I can shower, wash & condition, blow dry, and do makeup in less time than it used to take me to shower, wash & condition, and comb it out! It is great. My only complaint is that I think I need some product to give me a little volume...somehow when she fixed it, it looked great & she didn't use anything in it, but I think I need to. I can't do it quite like she did. Here are some pics:

The front (forgive the crazy expression on my face - I don't do well taking pics of myself):


The back - I really love the back, although I don't think it looks as good in the pic as it does in the mirror:


The ponytail - I measured it and it was a good 16.5" from the start of it to the bottom of it, not including some of the longer pieces at the bottom:

3 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

The haircut looks GREAT! And I can't believe that ponytail was 16.5"!!! Almost enough for TWO donations!

Meredith said...

So cute Kaci! I love it and what a great thing you did in the process!

Anonymous said...

I love the haircut! You look great. I think donating your hair is such a wonderful thing!

Deanna