Monday, November 12, 2007

Good customer service can still be found

Yes, that's right - good customer service still exists. This is going to sound an awful lot like a big ol' ad for Zappos, but they really have wonderful customer service. First, they offer free shipping - I think the standard is 2-day, but every time I have ordered from them I have gotten "free overnight shipping". Second, they offer FREE return shipping! YEP, that's right - if you order something and it doesn't fit, you can go right to their website & print out a UPS return label (you can also do USPS labels but I have not used that option). Third, their prices beat a lot of other sites that I've comparison shopped on. Fourth, they allow you to return anything within 365 days of purchase (yep, 1 year unless it's a leap year!). Fifth, did I mention FREE shipping on returns?

Earlier this year for David's birthday I ordered him some boots. I had no clue what style he would like, but I knew he wanted some, so I figured ordering from Zappos.com was a safe bet - I could return them if he didn't like them, and we could go shopping somewhere else. Turns out he loved the style but I got the wrong size. Me being me (that means lazy) I waited months to try to exchange the shoes. I finally started the process last Thursday, only to realize the boots were more expensive now than when I ordered. I was planning to just return the one pair and buy a new pair in 2 separate transactions, but I decided to call them in the hopes that I could do an even exchange. They were very easy to work with, they took my new order and emailed me a return shipping label for the pair that didn't fit, all while honoring the original price. I thought they told me that the new pair would ship when the received the return, but low and behold Friday MORNING the doorbell rang & there stood the UPS guy with a Zappos box. The boots were here less than 24 hours after I called them! And I hadn't even dropped off the box I was returning yet! How's THAT for service?

I will add that Matthew just LOVES David's boots. So much so that he had to try them on, and walk around in them. I don't even think his feet touch the sole of the shoe on the inside, but somehow he managed to walk around the family room wearing them. I think Santa might bring Matthew a pair of boots!

On another note, we took Matthew shoe shopping Sunday and he did great. Usually if I try a pair of shoes on him he screams and doesn't want me to take them off. Somehow Sunday he didn't mind me trying pair after pair on him though - and he didn't get upset when we left the store empty-handed. Yes, he has a shoe fetish already. I usually just buy shoes that I think will work and try them on him once we get home!

No comments: