Tuesday, August 4, 2009

long time no update

I guess it's a good thing - there's really not much going on in my life. Take kids to the park/playground, go to the gym, spend time with David, watch some tv, knit, go on bike rides, play on the computer, laundry, dishes, play with the kids, read to the kids, cook, dust, vacuum, sleep...I think that's pretty much my last week.

I got a comment from "the other Kaci" suggesting my shoes might be contributing to my hip pain & I'm afraid she's right. I just can't remember exactly when it started, if it was before or after I started running in my new shoes. I hate thinking I've spent moolah on shoes & now need to spend moolah on more shoes. I'm trying to stick it out, making sure I'm stretching good and planning to add some strength training into my routine, as I've been told that will help. If nothing seems to work, I'm going to the specialty running shop to have them watch me run, check out the wear on my shoes, and recommend a new shoe. They also once or twice a month have a physical therapist come in & work with people on their running, so I'll sign up for that as well.

Other things - good customer service. I bitch about bad service if I get it, so it's only fair to compliment good service. I needed tea tree oil last week so I put the kiddos in the wagon and walked to the local health food store. I didn't think about the doorway to the store & how aggravating it would be to get the wagon in, but someone noticed me coming & held the door open for me which made it easier. There were 2 employees stocking shelves and one of them immediately asked if she could help me. I told her what I needed, she pointed me to the aisle. I found it, compared prices & sizes, and she asked if I found what I was looking for. When I replied "yes thanks" she said let her know if I needed anything else. When I went to check out, I moved the wagon off to the side because there wasn't room for it at the register. While she was running my transaction, she asked me if I would mind if she put some chips in a bag for the kids. I said no and she fixed a bag, I called Matthew over & she gave it to him. She told him that was a reward for being so good in the store and that he should share with his sister.

I really appreciate this kind of service. The health food store is not a store I would want to take the kids - there are a lot of breakables & it's not laid out great for a stroller or wagon. But it's easier for me to go during the day. For her to be so welcoming to me when the kids were with me meant a lot. Much better than the yarn experience I had last year!

No comments: