Thursday, August 13, 2009

fuck

I punched a hole in the jeep top tonight. The top was down & I was putting some shit in the back (why I didn't just put it in the floorboard I'll never know). When I slammed the door a hinge caught on the top and poked right through. Fuck. Replacements aren't cheap. And we live in fucking Michigan where it um, snows, in the winter.

On a good note, I ran 4 miles last night & my hip didn't bother me today. I did another 2 miles today (running, not counting my walking breaks) and it still seems ok. Ibuprofen is my friend. I go for an annual check up with my pcp next week so I do plan to talk to him about it - if nothing else maybe he'll give me a referral to a new sports chiropractor that's opened up shop & she will test me to see if I need some adjustments.

I'm also signing up for a 10k in September. I think I could do it now (running/walking, not pure running), but hopefully by then I'll be able to do it with a decent time. I really wanted to run the half marathon in October but after my hip troubles I am afraid to make that commitment. I'm not sure I have time to train...if the hip hadn't interfered, I could have done it, I'm sure.

Peanut butter & banana sandwiches are yummy. For some reason I've been craving them big time lately. Smear a little pb on each slice of bread, slice up the nanner and put it in the middle, throw a little buttah on the outside and toss it on the skillet. Mmmmmmm. No wonder I'm not losing weight.

Is it a little weird that my relaxation lately comes from knitting & exercise? (Not at the same time of course. I'm not that coordinated!) I think both of those are normally relaxing things, but I tend to think of knitters as older people who don't exercise. I know, such a stereotype, but it's true. And here I am, to relax I go for a run, come home, shower, kiss the kiddos goodnight, and pick up sticks.

tomorrow maybe i'll post about the cute things the kids are up to

1 comment:

nancy said...

oh no. I'm sorry. Sounds like something in my life.

And really? pb and banana? ewww.