Monday, August 24, 2009

No, I just made that up

I had some books on hold at the library and got a call last week they were ready to pick up.  So Friday I decided we'd walk to the library to pick them up.  I load the kids in the bike trailer/stroller and we walked down there.  Unfortunately there was a note on the door that the library wouldn't open until later than normal that day.  We did our other errands, came home, had lunch, and took naps.  The kids napped later than normal and it was 5:00 before they woke up.  The library closes at 5:30 but that was plenty of time for us to walk back down there.  I loaded them up again and we headed that way.  About a third of the way there it started sprinkling.  Looking at the sky I knew it was going to come harder but I thought we had time.  HA! I didn't get half way and it was pouring down.  I decided since the sky was so dark I should run home instead of continuing on.  I didn't take the time to put the cover on the trailer because I was afraid we wouldn't make it to the library in time and what's a little rainwater on us anyway.  We ran home and loaded up in the car to drive to the library. 
 
When we got inside at the library I decided to see if they had any movies I wanted.  While I was looking I overheard a man say to another man "well at least it isn't raining yet."  I was standing between the two of them and I smiled and said "yes, actually it is."  The second man then noticed how wet Matthew was and said "oh yeah, he's soaked."  I said "yeah we walking here when it started raining."  They comment to each other on how the library is so quiet they couldn't even hear the rain. 
 
First guy leaves.  I don't get a movie, go to desk and get my books.  As the elevator arrives for us to leave, first guy steps off and says "You're right.  It is raining out there."  It made me wonder, did he think I made it up?  Did he think I drenched myself & the kids just for fun?  Maybe ran through a sprinkler or four on our walk? 

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Well you know, mom's just make things up all the time. That is pretty funny. I think I would have called him out on it cause that is just who I am.