Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF anyone?

This week has gone pretty fast but I'm still glad it's Friday. I haven't written about my mother-in-law's visit last weekend, but it went well. That probably means when she's here for Christmas it will be a disaster. We can't have too many good visits in a row. David & I were able to get a lot of stuff done around the house in preparation for company coming while she entertained the short people. Maybe it was a pleasant visit because I wasn't in the room with her very much?

This weekend will be busy - we still haven't started Christmas shopping. Well, I take that back, I have gotten one thing for David and he has gotten "a few small things for me", or at least that's what he told me when he said I shouldn't open any packages addressed to him. We also ordered Matthew's first toy last night. We also are doing a joint gift to my parents with my sisters and their families, and baby sis took care of that. But still, we have 25 people on our list that we need to shop for and that's not counting Matthew, Scarlett, or each other. So I'd say we have to shop this weekend, since family will start arriving Wednesday. Plus I need to do major grocery shopping, since I'll have a house full of people mid-week. I want to buy everything for Christmas dinner since we'll be eating that next weekend. I'm excited about everyone coming & being here but I am stressed out about shopping. I hate to shop.

Oh yeah, we have to finish getting our decorations up too. So far we've only gotten the 2 trees up & decorated, and some lights up outside. We still need to hang garland, put the nativity scene and christmas village out, and get out my dishes. Plus MIL asked for a scarf for Christmas so I have to knit. I know most knitters could finish a scarf in a couple of days, but I'm still pretty new and slow. I don't know if I'll have time to complete it or not. I've decided to start it and if it's not finished by the time I need to give it to her, I'll wrap it on the needles. Then I'll finish it before she leaves, since I can work on it in front of her once she opens it. Is that awful?

No comments: