Tuesday, May 5, 2009

beautiful weekend

The weekend started off on a good note because we had tickets for the Red Wings game. Game 1 of the Conference Semifinals - it's Duck season in Detroit. It was a great game and the Wings won with ~49 seconds left. We got the tickets Thursday & our regular sitter told us she was available, then called me Friday morning to say she wasn't. So Aunt Ba-eff and Unc-a G watched the kiddos for us. I bribed them with Wii, pizza, and brownies. I worried a little about how Miss Scarlett would do at bedtime, but they reported that she did great. Both kids went down without a peep. Imagine my surprise when David & went up to bed and peeked in on the kids (like we always do when we go to bed) and found Scarlett like this:


In case you're wondering, she's wearing a blue sleep sack and all you can see of her is the lower half of her body in the sleep sack. Arms & head...under the bed. So um yeah, I think I'd stay quiet too if that's how I was put to bed.

Saturday we went to a Bronco car show/swap meet type thing. The good thing about this was that David drove the Bronco - 70 miles round trip, and it made it the whole way without me having to tow him! This is good, this is very good. He also met a lot of people who know a lot about these early Broncos and gave him things to do to try to make it run.

Sunday was a lazy day around the house - we grilled ribs for dinner and ate on the deck. The kiddos behaved but I will enjoy the yard a lot more when we get the fence up.

Today was weigh-in day. I've lost 6 lbs in the first week low-carbing. I will only low-carb for a month, although now it's tempting to say I'll see where I am at the end of that month. I'm too close to goal to get frustrated again. I definitely am not hungry now, but something is wrong with not being able to eat fruit when I want it.

3 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Let me defend myself by saying publicly that we did NOT put that child of yours to bed like that!

She went down, head on her pillow, in her bed, under her blanket, and looked like she'd be asleep within seconds.

I have absolutely no idea when that happened, but I had to laugh when I saw the pic.

I promise you we did not hear a thump, or any accompanying crying!

Kaci said...

Well hell, here I was thinking it was clever and you tell me it wasn't on purpose! ;)

And for the rest of the story, we think she climbed out of bed after y'all left. So the picture probably happened on our watch, not yours. (still no thump or crying though!)

jess said...

That picture is FUNNY!

Hey you're low carbing? What diet plan are you following? I need something to jumpstart me, then I want to get back on WW.