Thursday, February 4, 2010

update

I've been a really bad blogger lately. I just don't feel like there's much going on here. Sigh. I'm losing weight, slowly, but it's coming off. I haven't taken measurements in a few months - I don't like to do that too often because it seems like even when I'm losing weight I don't see much change.

I've started adding some weights to my gym routine. I talked with my boot camp teacher about my marathon training & she helped me come up with a strength training routine that will fit in with & complement my other activities. I asked her because there are thousands of recommendations out there, online & in books, and I want to keep doing boot camp. She's the only person who knows what we do there and understands my fitness & my goals. I'm so thankful for her.

Matthew & Scarlett still love swimming. A new session starts next week & both of their teachers said they could move up to the next class. If they don't do ok, I'll move them back down, but I'm really hoping this works out. I won't have to get in the water with Scarlett, but since Matthew can move up too, they won't be in the same class (even though they'll still meet at the same time). Since yesterday was their last class they each got to go down the big waterslide. They LOVED it - both of them said "I want to do that again" as soon as they got off.

Scarlett is almost potty trained. I'm washing diapers once/week now and I'm only doing that because I think it's gross to go more than that. She's only wearing one at night so it's not a big load.

Step-niece / baby update....the baby is still *mostly* non-responsive. She's opened her eyes a few times and has some startle reactions, but she doesn't/can't suck or cry. They've put a feeding tube in her stomach & done some surgery to close off her esophagus from her tummy so that she doesn't have reflux (she was having problems choking on it). They're just waiting on her to gain some weight before they let her go home. They finally said that she suffered a stroke in utero, she has some brain damage, and she will more than likely get worse, not better, but *sometimes* babies can regenerate brain cells so there is hope. Thanks for all the prayers & good thoughts. I'm afraid they have a long road ahead of them and it's full of unknowns.

No comments: