Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am a runner

I've shared in the past that I don't feel comfortable calling myself a runner. Take that away from me, and all of a sudden I can say it. I am a runner. As much as my shin hurts, it has been so painful to watch people run by my house, to see them on the treadmill at the gym, and to know I can't join them right now. The pain has gotten a lot better, better enough that I am sure if I wanted to push through & run a few miles, I could do it. At what cost...I don't know. I can't/won't risk further injury, not as this stage of training, and not as miserable as I've been just taking a few days off. But this misery I feel at not being able to get out there & do what I've discovered I love doing...this misery makes me confident that I am a runner. I'm no longer someone who is running to get in better shape or because I think it would be cool to run a marathon. I'm running because it's part of who I am, part of who I have become. I may not run any much faster than I did when I said I couldn't call myself a runner, but something has changed in me, and I am a runner!!!

Weight loss...still not even close to where I want to be, but the number is moving in the right direction. I feel good, and I need to take measurements...I'm sure my calves are smaller because my tall boots zip up a lot easier than they did just a few weeks ago! :) Unfortunately I lost a lot of data on the pc & the spreadsheet where I tracked everything is nowhere to be found on my backup drive.

Kiddos...they are doing great. Matthew loves school, and they both love swimming. This session I skipped mommy & me because Scarlett's teacher said she could move up. I wasn't sure how she would do in the pool without me but she seems to cooperate. She did tell me on the way to class "I not swim without you. I want you in the pool too." Sweet thing. Matthew is more & more independent and seems pretty darn smart too. He actually looked at the clock the other day & said "it's seven thirty three." HUH? I looked & it was! How did he know that?!?!

No comments: