Tuesday, February 16, 2010

playdate update

Matthew's playdate was this morning. He got up this morning & came to our room asking "Is today the day I go to Abby's?" I said "yes" and he wanted to get dressed immediately. Patience my dear. When we arrived Abby was waiting at the door so I got Matthew out of the car & he rushed to the door. Her mom said Abby has asked every day since Thursday "Is Matthew coming over today?" She said Abby hasn't been interested in playdates at all, but she's been very excited about Matthew coming over. Super cute!

I thought things went well. The only conflict was the girl's older brother not wanting to share trains. Rather, he & Matthew both wanted the same train car, it wasn't that he minded sharing, he just didn't want to share that one. Which meant Matthew didn't want to give it up, and the boy's mom had the "he's the guest" attitude about it, which was ok with me, but I didn't want him to be upset. So I negotiated with Matthew & got him to give that train to the big brother. Crisis averted. The children were super well behaved, and they had an awesome playroom. Makes me wish our basement was finished so we could make a nice playroom down there instead of combining it with our family room.

When it was time to leave, neither of my kids wanted to come home. They both were pretty disobediant about getting shoes & coats on, and then Scarlett ran away down the sidewalk once we headed to the car. I gave them a stern talking-to about that behavior. :) Hopefully we can have Abby over soon to play.

No comments: