Wednesday, January 20, 2010

been a while

I know, it's been a while.  There's not really much going on here in KaciLand.  Matthew & Scarlett are *loving* swimming.  Matthew still loves school, although today he would count to 10 and then tell me he doesn't know how to go past that.  Maybe I need to keep him home!  He was counting to 20 when he started school so I don't know what's happened. 
 
I'm, eh, here.  And functioning most days.  I haven't had a hair cut in like 6 months.  No excuses, I need to reprioritize.  I'm spending my "free" time at the gym or on the roads (in my running shoes) but really I can squeeze in a hair cut, can't I?  Weight loss...argh.  I put on some pounds over Christmas and the first week we were back home.  I made all my favorite sweets in that week, just because I KNEW we were starting Weight Watchers the next week!  That left me with an EXTRA 10 lbs to lose.  I lost 6 of it in week 1 though, so 24 to go before I'm at goal.  I've been saying that (give or take a few pounds) for 18 months now.  Something's gotta change. 
 
I'll end with a funny from Matthew.  We were getting in the car one day & he swiped the snow that was on the front of the car with his arm.  As I buckled Scarlett in to her seat he was eating snow off his mitten.  She said "You don't eat snow."  He replied "You can if it's not yellow." 

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Well my mom got me a year membership to a gym and I'm starting mine tomorrow. I'm with you, I would love to lose at least 20 but would be even happier with 30.

Guess I better remember to go and shave as weill. LOL

Good luck and keep me posted on your results. I'm going to keep track of my inches as well...don't forget that building musle is weight so if your losing the inches, then your doing a great job.