Monday, January 11, 2010

the things he says and a prayer request

No matter what kind of day I'm having I can always count on my children to put a smile in my heart.  I've enrolled Matthew & Scarlett in swim classes at my gym.  Matthew's is an independent class but for ages up to 3, they require a parent in the water with the child, so I have to get in with Scarlett.  Matthew got up mid-nap today & I was just about to shave.  He questioned what I was doing and I told him, then he asked why and I told him "because my legs are hairy."  He asked to feel so I moved my leg towards him and after rubbing he said "wow your leg is so hairy."  He had a huge emphasis on "so" which made the statement hysterical.  (my disclaimer is my legs were not SO hairy - I have swim classes 2x/week and I'm at bootcamp in shorts on Saturdays...I'm probably shaving more often this winter than in winters past!)
 
Now for the prayer request.  My step-niece had her baby girl early Saturday morning.  The baby was immediately moved to big hospital with great reputation ~1.5 hours from home.  Niece is doing fine - discharged today so she's on her way to be with baby C.  If you're an emotional wreck like I sometimes am, just stop here & say some prayers that the baby will be ok. 
 
The baby was breathing fine on its own but is completely unresponsive to anything.  She doesn't try to suck, she doesn't move away when tickled, she hasn't opened her eyes, she hasn't cried.  She did move her arm today so that seems like a good sign.  Most of the tests they have run have come back fine - they did a scope & her vocal box is completely blocked and they haven't gotten the MRI results yet.  The baby was due today and they didn't know of any problems so this is all a complete shock.  If you're the praying type please say some prayers for this baby and her parents. 

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

I have been doing a bad job keeping up on my blogs. That sounds very scary. How is your great-neice doing now? I will pray for her and hopefully she is just shy and doing things her own way.

Please let me know.