Tuesday, January 12, 2010

bowling and puppies (stuffed of course!)

This morning Matthew's preschool class had a field trip to the bowling alley.  Matthew & Scarlett both enjoyed the bowling, but my favorite moment was not related to bowling.  One of Matthew's classmates has a stuffed puppy that she carries everywhere.  (We saw them at the park sledding this weekend & she had it on her lap in the sled!)  I thought she was really attached to it and I noticed Matthew playing with it at the bowling alley.  I asked him if she said it was ok & he said "yes, we are sharing."  I reminded him that it was HER puppy and he needed to make sure she was ok with sharing.  (You know sometimes kids don't have the definition of sharing quite right.) 
 
A few minutes later her mom came over to me and said "Oh my gosh.  How cute are they?  She won't let anyone TOUCH her puppy but she told me Matthew was watching it for her.  I can't believe she's letting someone else play with him."  I didn't realize the little girl was that extreme that no one else could touch it, so I tried to watch carefully that she didn't get upset about "sharing."  When it was Matthew's turn to bowl he handed the puppy to Scarlett so I asked the little girl if that was ok & she said yes.  The rest of the time there, the 3 of them played together with the puppy.  The mom seemed stunned and I was just hoping the little girl wasn't upset & hiding it! 

1 comment:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

first, the mental image of all those little ones bowling is TOO DARN CUTE!

and second, is a 4 year old capable of hiding being upset about something like that? I think you're safe!