Thursday, October 29, 2009

not my best

This has not been my best week.  I've had to sit in Scarlett's room with her almost every day for the last 2 weeks to get her to nap.  She is 2 - she *needs* a nap or she's a monster later in the day.  But the stubborn child will only lay down with me in there.  I don't know what to do with her.
 
As a result of this, Matthew also isn't napping great.  He is getting old enough that he doesn't *have* to nap but he's certainly more pleasant when he does.  Frustrating.
 
Today his preschool had their Halloween parade.  They had a party & then came into the fellowship hall to do a play for us & then they trick or treated around all the parents.  I could see Matthew looking for us when they came in but he didn't find us until after their play.  He went to his teacher & said "I can't find my family" and I felt so sorry for him.  Scarlett had been squealing for him from the time he walked in so I don't know how he missed us, but I put her down & said "go get brother" so she ran to him & hugged him, then they both ran back to me.  They really love each other and are so sweet.  Somedays when she doesn't want to nap she goes in his room and when they hear me coming up to get onto them, they both climb into his bed.  They often ask to sleep together, and earlier this week Matthew told me he wanted a bunk bed and Scarlett could sleep on top. 
 
No matter how much they love each other, they still like to fight.  It's not all fun & games! 
 
I cut my hand bad the other day.  It *still* hurts BAD, and it's in a place that's just hard to do anything with it.  It also keeps me from being able to knit.  I didn't realize just how sane knitting keeps me.  I feel like a monster this week without the relaxation of knitting.
 
I cut my hand AFTER starting to make cake pops, which meant I had to wear gloves to roll them out & decorate them.  I *hate* gloves.
 
On a good note, I've had some kick ass runs this week.  Other than boot camp I hadn't run since the half, but I did a quick 2 mile run one night & a 3.4 mile run yesterday.  I literally ran to the store, just to kill 2 birds with one stone.  I wore my belt so I could shove the things I bought somewhere instead of running with them in my hands.  Sigh.  I'm gonna shut up now, I feel myself starting to ramble.

No comments: