Friday, September 18, 2009

random bits

  • My race at the zoo is Sunday.  It's a 10k and for some reason I'm thinking it will be a personal record time for me.  I have no idea what to expect though, and I'm a little nervous.  I've only run big, fun races before, and I hope I didn't accidentally sign up for something that's super-competitive.  I don't want to finish last! 
  • On a kind of related note, I think we're going to buy a zoo membership.  It's less than what it will cost for David & the kids to get in the zoo Sunday and then for all 4 of us to take a trip back to the zoo another time. 
  • Matthew & Scarlett like to play where they're not supposed to.  Like my bathroom.  Matthew told me "we weren't coloring, we just played with the ropes."  I asked a few questions trying to figure out what the ropes were but no luck.  A little later he mentioned they "played with the fuzzy things they took out of the box and the bag."  He also said "I like those fuzzy things."  I'm still confused so I go upstairs to see what kind of shape my bathroom is in.  There were tampons everywhere!  Fuzzy things with ropes!  LOL
  • Scarlett has been peeing on the potty (and pooping, but pooping came first).  She's been dry several times recently waking up from nap & I've taken her to potty.  Last night when I got in from my run David had panties on her.  This morning she wet 3 pair of panties, but also peed on the potty a couple of times.  Patience I tell myself. 
  • I restarted weight watchers last week (the day after Labor Day).  When I weighed in Tuesday I had dropped 5.2 lbs.  When I weighed yesterday I had dropped another 1.2...I won't officially count that until Tuesday but it did make me feel good. 
  • I'm so happy it's football season.  I love watching college football, not so crazy about pro.  Unfortunately my team got their asses handed to them last night.  We looked horrible!
  • Have a great weekend! :) 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Good luck at your race Kaci!! I'm sure you won't be last!