Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm full of myself this weekend

Not only was I able to get out of bed easily yesterday, David & I took the kids on a bike ride.  We rode 30 miles, and I pulled the trailer for at least half the distance.  That's me biking with an extra ~90 lbs.  I think I could ride all day without the trailer, but adding that extra weight and hills makes for a tough ride.  It's a great activity for us to do together though, and the kids seem to enjoy it.  I think they like it for the picnic lunch & multiple playgrounds we find along our route. 
 
While it's not what great athletes are made of, I think running 10 miles & biking 30 is something for this fat frumpy mommy to be proud of.  To celebrate my newfound awesomeness I signed up for the Detroit Half Marathon.

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

I'm very impressed! I think someday I will get that ambition to try. Someday......sigh.....