Monday, September 14, 2009

closeness

Matthew & Scarlett have their fair share of fights but all in all they have a really good sibling relationship.  Just the right amount of sharing, helping, fighting, and loving.  A lot of days at naptime Scarlett will climb into Matthew's bed with him and as they hug, either she will say "I seep in he-ere" or Matthew will say "Scalett sleep with me."  So sweet.  (I haven't actually LET them sleep together, since I don't think they'd actually go to sleep...I think they'd play & giggle, which would be pretty sweet but it would make the rest of the evening rough on me.)
 
This evening while I was fixing supper*, they were playing in the family room.  I heard Scarlett kind of shout something so I said "What Scarlett?"  She replied, "I not talking to you I talking to bruh-er." and they giggled.  When I peeked in the room they seemed to be playing beautifully together. 
 
I hope they will always love each other & be so close.  I have 2 sisters that I can't imagine life without, and while I do remember times that we hated each other**, now that we're all adults we have fantastic relationships. 
 
  
*  I'm from the South, "fixing" doesn't always mean correcting a mistake.  Sometimes it means "cooking," as used here.  Sometimes, when used with "to", it means "about to", as in, "I'm fixing to pour a glass of wine and eat supper."  And "supper" is the meal we eat in the evenings. ;)
 
** When I say this, I really do think we hated each other.  If not hate, it was strong dislike.  Of course those sibling bonds meant we still stood up for each other if there was someone else involved, but I can remember specific times that we really didn't want to see each other ever again, for reasons I can remember very clearly today.

No comments: