Friday, November 21, 2008

Heading out of town....again

Tonight we will be packing up the car & first thing tomorrow we'll head south again. We're planning to spend a few days in Tennessee visiting David's side of the family and then (probably Tuesday) we will leave there & go to Georgia to spend Thanksgiving with my family. I'm excited to be visiting again, even though we were just there a month ago. At least this time the visit will be for happy reasons.

We will actually have our Thanksgiving dinner either Friday or Saturday because both of my sisters will be with their in-laws on Thanksgiving Day. But that's ok, no biggie. My family is very much of the "it's not the day that counts, it's the occasion" mindset. I remember one year, long time ago, when David & I were dating. Just dating, not engaged. His mom planned a cruise for their family and invited me to go. Problem was, it was over Christmas. I had always wanted to go on a cruise, and when I talked to my parents about it, they were SO cool. Granted, I was old enough I didn't need their permission, but I was really struggling with what to do - I had never spent a Christmas away from my family and those traditions. My mom quickly said "you know Kaci, December 25th is just a day on the calendar. We can celebrate Christmas any day. You've always wanted to go on a cruise. You should go." I really appreciated that, and now whenever I can't (or chose not to) spend a specific holiday with family, I remember those words. I know we will celebrate and honor the occasion, no matter what day we happen to choose.

I probably won't post much while I'm gone, but I'll try to at least pop on a couple of times. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

nancy said...

have a wonderful time!!!