Saturday, November 29, 2008

GO Jackets!

Today is the day of the "big game". I know, lots of big games in college football today, but where I come from, the only one that matters is the one between the hedges. Georgia vs. Georgia Tech. We had quite a win streak going before we hired a sucky coach. Now we've lost 7 straight but of course, this could be the year.

Back when we hired the sucky coach, I told a few people "I sure wish we could have hired Paul Johnson." The timing didn't work, and I'm not sure the powers-at-be at GT would have given him a thought anyway, but I am happy to say that last year, when we got rid of that sucky coach, we DID hire Paul Johnson. Better late than never I suppose?

People predicted we would have an awful season, as he needed time to rebuild the program and recruit athletes that fit his system. I told David "I hope the fans will be patient. He's good." Well, here we sit today, 8-3. Not super, but really good, especially considering a lot of people said we'd only win 3-4 games. And last week, we played Thursday night. Big game, Miami was ranked, and we KILLED. We really opened up a can of whoop ass last Thursday. UGA started the season ranked #1 but it didn't take them long to fall. Now, people who wouldn't have given us a chance at the beginning of the season are saying we might be able to pull out a win.

If the same team that played last week shows up today, we should be able to pull it off. I'll be watching the game, wearing my white & gold proudly. Scarlett will be in her yellow GT dress, and Matthew will have his jersey on. He might even pull out the helmet. We'll cheer and yell "GO Jackets" and Scarlett will pump her arm to the beat of the fight song. It will be a fun day :)

Sting'em!

No comments: