Thursday, November 20, 2008

frustration, decisions, and other news

This whole weight loss thing is getting frustrating. It doesn't help that the more frustrated I get, the more I eat, and the less I exercise. Eating too much is what got me fat in the first place, I don't want to be there again. Yet I'm somehow unwilling to keep myself on the right path. So I've decided to take a semi-break. Seeing as how I've fluctuated between 138-142 since early September, I don't know that I'm really taking much of a break. I'm just going to try not to worry much about it until January. We are going to be on the road a lot over the next month and we will have family visiting here too. Between now & January 4, we will only be home "just us" for 14 days. That's 14 days that I would definitely eat healthy, but when we have family here from out of town, I LIKE to cook for them, I ENJOY it, but that pleasure comes mainly from baking, and that's not healthy eating. And let's face it, I'm not strong enough to bake it & not eat it! Then when we are not home, it's even harder.

So I'll do the best I can, I'll eat as well as I can, and I'll try not to overeat. That has been a big problem for me in the past, but I've noticed I've gotten a lot better. Yesterday I didn't even come close to finishing the box lunch we had at the seminar I attended. A year ago I would have wolfed down the whole thing, but then a year ago I was exclusively breastfeeding and starving all the time...maybe that's not a good comparison.

In other news, yesterday I went to a seminar that will hopefully be a first step in our little foursome relocating to Georgia. I'm excited about the possibility, but nervous too. I'm rarely away for a full day and last night when I got home Matthew walked into the dining room and I would have sworn he grew overnight (he was still in bed when I left yesterday morning.) David mentioned that they'd gone for haircuts that morning and I know he always looks older after a trim.

Matthew is still doing great with potty training. He has had a couple of accidents but at least one of them was his daddy's fault. He is staying dry at naps and even sometimes overnight. (He gets underwear for naps but a diaper overnight.) Scarlett asks to sit on the potty too, and we are encouraging that. I'd love it if I had her potty trained soon too.

The interaction between Matthew & Scarlett continues to amaze me. They play together really well. A popular evening activity has been football. Scarlett likes to run around with her doll in one arm and the ball in the other. I have tried to get a picture of this but she usually drops one when she sees the camera - too busy cheesing it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaci, I just want you to know we're in the same boat. Between everyday life and a bout of depression I'm imagining, I'm just not eating right. I skipped my weighin's the last two weeks, thinking about skipping tonight....I can't find time to exercise, no excuse me, thats not true, I'm not making time to exercise. Its gotta be even more difficult for you to find the time with the two kids and household stuff. Anyways, I just wanted to say your not alone in the weight loss battle....xoxo