Monday, March 3, 2008

the weekend

This weekend we had a lot of snow hanging around from what fell earlier in the week. David noticed a lot of snowmen around the neighborhood so he figured this must be a better snow than what we've had before to build a snowman. If you've looked at our pictures you saw the first attempt at a snowman, Matthew & David had fun, but the snow was too powdery to stick together into a snowman.

Well Sunday was different - I tended to Scarlett while they went out and started the snowman. When I went outside about 10 minutes later, the snowman was built! I was amazed at how quickly they got it up. They were still working on finished touches, but it was there. Matthew was really cute, he hugged the snowman and said "I lub it."


David also got the sled out and pulled Matthew around the yard for a while. We have a couple of hilly spots that David was able to kind of sling Matthew onto and then Matthew went down the hill. He was laughing all the way, so even though it wasn't a big hill, he enjoyed it. One cute thing he did was start pulling the sled around and David got on it. He tried pulling his daddy around, but that just wasn't gonna happen!


I came back inside for a while and then noticed David walk by the kitchen window with the snow shovel. I wondered what in the world he could be doing in the back yard with the shovel, so I finished up the dishes and went back outside. He was shoveling snow onto the steps coming into the yard from the deck. He made a snow/ice slide for Matthew on one half of the steps, leaving the other half clear for Matthew to climb up. Matthew enjoyed his slide, but it scared me! David packed it around the edge and made it pretty wide, so I guess it was safe enough!


Scarlett is getting into everything. She has learned that if she shakes the tv tray tables that whatever is on top will shift and eventually be within her reach! I think I'm going to have to put them away. She's also enjoying her solids a lot more now. Yogurt still seems to be her favorite dish, but she also likes bananas and peaches a lot. She does not like oatmeal at all - she spits it out every time. I think it might be the texture though...we'll try again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaci she looks JUST LIKE YOU!!! Im glad matthew and david had such a good time in the snow.. whats snow? its 75 here today