Friday, March 14, 2008

Recipe Friday - Mom's Meatloaf

This is the best meatloaf I've ever tasted! Of course a lot of people think their mom's (or grandma's) cooking is the best, but in this case, I'm right! :) And it is great for freezing - lots of times when I make it I will make extra for the freezer.

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 egg
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon accent
1 tube crushed saltines
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Simmer tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard. Mix ground beef, onion, bell pepper, egg, salt, accent, crackers, and pepper. Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the meat mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and put in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce on top. Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

nancy said...

omg. why is every blogger talking about food tonight? I'm starving!! :)