Tuesday, April 28, 2009

a pretty good weekend

Nothing to exciting to report - David's mom visited (after playing the "I'm coming, oh wait no I can't, oh yes I am, oh no I can't" game AGAIN).  We bought tickets to see the Red Wings in Game 5 Saturday night, but oh no - they won their series in 4 games so no hockey for us.  One of the things I *must* do while we live in the Detroit area is go to a Wings game and I just haven't pushed since tickets are so expensive and I figured we were gonna be here a while.  Now that we are trying to move away I figure we better get our asses to a game! 
 
We spent most of the weekend with MIL & the kids, instead of taking time away for ourselves.  We did go to a late movie Saturday night after we put them to bed so that was kinda nice.  We saw Knowing, with Nicholas Cage.  It was pretty good but there was something about it that felt disturbing to me, and I can't put my finger on it.  I was also distracted because it was like 100* in the theater.  Oh yeah, that reminds me...as we were leaving our house I pulled on a pullover windbreaker type thing since the temperature was dropping and I was wearing short sleeves.  I realized I was pulling it on with my purse strap on my shoulder so I had to take it off and redo it.  David & I laughed about it and went on.  When we got to the movies, we were standing in the concession line when David says "I thought you changed that" and I was like "huh?"  Then I looked down and my shirt thing was on backwards.  He was laughing at me at home because that's what he thought I was fixing, when I was just getting my purse strap out of it.  Call me a dumbass, that's ok. 
 
Today I am re-restarting my weight loss journey.  After all the holidays last fall I restarted counting points and was doing ok but I was getting really fed up so I took a month off.  I decided to jump start my diet this time with Atkins, but then in another month I am going back to weight watchers.  I know that Atkins will produce fast results but I believe WW is a healthier lifestyle overall so I will go that route for the long term.  I still really wish I could find more time to exercise because I know that would help.  Oh well. 

No comments: