Thursday, August 30, 2007

more on potty training

So yesterday I picked Matthew up at daycare. The assistant teacher mentioned that he was doing great at his potty training. My reaction was something like this: "huh? Matthew? potty?" She said yes and that they are working with one of the little girls in his class and he was showing interest so she started putting him on it too. I told her that here he has a couple of times told me he needed to potty or "phewy" and that I put him on it but he never does anything. She says he has used it there a few times, but only for #1.

David mentioned it to his normal teacher today & she said no they aren't working on it with Matthew, so I don't know what to think. In a lot of ways I think he is ready, or close to ready, but then in a lot of ways it is easier for me not to train him right now. Scarlett is so young that there are times she requires my attention and Matthew has to wait. It isn't like I can stop feeding her to go put him on the potty. I know this is my issue not his so for now I'll just keep watching for signs and if he wants to sit on the potty I'll put him on it.

No comments: