Tuesday, August 21, 2007

could he be ready?

I'm starting to wonder if Matthew might be ready for potty-training. In my dreams, right? He has shown an increased interest in the potty recently and several times over the past 2 weeks we've had to take him out of the tub to sit on it. He will usually tell me when he is poopy too. Yesterday he woke up just one hour into his nap and wouldn't settle back down. He kept telling me "PU" - which is how he tells me he's poopy. I checked his diaper and it was clean. I put him back down to try to get him to sleep a little longer. Fifteen minutes later he still hadn't settled down so I went to check on him and he was poopy. Maybe I'm reading more into things than I should, but I think he was telling me he needed to poop. Now I just have to figure out how to proceed.

On another, cuter note, he is such a good big brother. He frequently wants to hold Scarlett, but tires of her pretty quickly. He has started motioning to her and saying "mine" when he wants to hold her. He sits in his Elmo chair and I put her in his lap. The bad thing is, he hasn't yet learned to tell me he's tired of holding her. Instead he just starts to stand up & says "all done." I've tried to teach him to say "all done" and let me get her BEFORE he stands up, but without success. Of course I'm always keeping a hand on her, so she hasn't fallen yet :) The downside to having to keep a hand on her is that it's really hard to get a good picture of him holding her. I'll keep trying though.

Another cute Matthew story - yesterday he was watching Curious George. When it went off, he asked for "more" and started making his monkey sound, which you can see here.

Scarlett is growing every day. She had been giving me a good 6-7 hours (sometimes 8) hours at night without waking to eat but suddenly started waking up after 4-5 hours. I can't complain because she has always gone immediately back to sleep, but I thought maybe I should try something different. I had been feeding her around 9 or 10 pm and then rousing her to "top her off" before I went to bed at 11 or 12. She would then wake at 4 or 5 to eat. Last night I fed her at 9:10 and instead of waking her when I got ready to go to bed, I just put her down. She slept until 6:15! I'm crossing my fingers that we can do this every night!

No comments: