Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jury Duty

So I had jury duty yesterday. I didn't get picked, didn't even make it into a courtroom to have the chance to be picked, but I have to say it was kind of nice to spend the day by myself. I know, I wasn't really by myself, I was in a room full of all sorts of people, but I was able to lose myself in my book while I waited to see if my name would be called. I think this might be the first "real" book I've read since I had Matthew. I've read several "parenting" books, but nothing that was for pure fun, until yesterday. I guess that's what made it nice.

About jury duty - I really think it would be interesting to sit on a jury, but the timing is never convenient, is it? Right now I'm pregnant, and for the next year I will be breastfeeding. Once that year is up, I'm sure some other "excuse" will come up. But someday, maybe I'll get selected at a time when it is "convenient" for me.

No comments: