Tuesday, March 9, 2010

most boring blogger ever

That's me. I don't feel like there's much to report, unless you want to hear more about running or weight loss. I ran my longest run ever of 15.15 miles Sunday. It felt great. I was surprised by how much more energy I had at the end of it than at the end of my half marathon last fall. I think I'm learning better how to properly fuel for those runs so I should be well prepared for the marathon in May.

A few weeks ago we went by a friend's house and as we started home I noticed the trip thingy on our car was at 277.2. Totally random but the fact that I noticed it then made me aware of it all the way home. When we got home it was at 300.4. It hit me that it seems like a gosh darn long way to her house, and I'm planning to run even farther than that. OHMIGOSH! It's times like that panic sets in & I think I'm absolutely cuh-razy for even attempting a marathon. Eeeek! But I'll be ok. I will do it!

Weight loss-eh. It's coming off, slowly but surely. I'm still higher than I was at my lowest, but I feel pretty damn healthy, so I'm not worrying about it. I'll lose this last ~20 lbs sooner or later.

Matthew & Scarlett...they are devils sometimes & angels other times. I have to work on patience. Matthew is giving up his nap and that stresses me out. I love them tons, but it's freaking HARD being home all day every day with them without a freaking break. Don't get me wrong, they entertain themselves well, but they also fight & fuss, so I have to be aware all the time. I really love naps (for them) because they give me a little downtime in the middle of the day so I'm recharged for the late afternoon & evenings. Don't know what to do now that I'm not getting that time.

The other day we were playing & I asked Matthew his name. He replied "Matthew David Lastname." A few minutes later I asked Scarlett hers. She said "Scarlett David Lastname." That girl cracks me up.

One last running tidbit...I should know in ~1 week if I got an entry in the NYC Marathon or not. How awesome would that be?!?! Hopefully I'll even know by then if we're moving or not too! :)

No comments: