Tuesday, March 16, 2010

another boring update

Sunday I ran about 16.5 miles...I needed to fit in my training run & David & I had signed up for a 5k, so I left home early for the 5k and ran around a bit before, then ran from our house downtown to the start area. I met up with David & the children there, where I helped get them in the bike trailer that converts to a stroller and he headed for the start line. He needed to finish faster than I did, so I had to push the children. It was super cold at the start - I think because I was sweaty from my 13+ mile run and then I stopped to deal with gear changes before the 5k. As I approached the start line I heard the race announcer say that everyone had started. I had not! LOL As I ran across he said "Oh here comes a woman with 2 small children." I was the LAST person to start! Thank goodness I wasn't also last to finish! :) The race was a lot of fun, but if you've ever run a race before & you know how it is to weave around people because they are running slower than you or worse, walking 4-5 side by side...imagine doing it with one of the bike trailers that converts to a stroller...so you have a wheel way out in front. Plus people just kept cutting in front of me...I tried to watch out so as not to hurt someone's ankles but I finally decided if it was due to THEM cutting in front of me without looking over their shoulder...I wasn't going to worry about it!

After the race we came home to watch basketball instead of sticking around for the parade. What can I say, I was cold & we like to watch our team! Scarlett told me on the way home that she didn't have fun because she didn't want me to push her, she wanted to run! Love it!

I'm a little less than 9 weeks away from the marathon and I feel ready. Sometimes it still overwhelms me to think about that distance, but I know I'm on track with my training and I know I'll cross that finish line. I'm trying to keep any time goals out of my head but it is hard not to think about how fast I'd *like* to be.

Tomorrow David will officially interview for another position at his company. It would be an international relocation assignment, with us moving away for 3 years, then most likely being assigned back here. I have mixed feelings about it but overall I think it's too good of an opportunity to pass it up, if he gets the offer. Before we had children I would have JUMPED at the chance, with them in the picture it changes things, but I still think it's a great idea.

I got LOADS of yummy yarn in the mail yesterday, including the yarn I bought to knit myself a sweater. This is definitely the biggest project I've taken on, and I probably still won't get started on it for a while, but it's nice to know I have the yarn when I decide I am ready!

No comments: