Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm back

I've actually been back from my trip for a week now, but it's been hectic & I've had stuff to do around the house so I've avoided blogs, including my own. I'll post a quick summary of our trip:

  • June 19 - drove to TN to visit with David's family. Found out Saturday morning his grandfather was in really bad shape in the nursing home, had been in & out of the hospital for the last couple of weeks. Pissed with FIL for not letting us know it was this bad. We visited him too, a couple of times, and it was hard. As hard as it was for me, I know it must have been horrible for David.
  • June 21 - Happy Anniversary to us. 12 years. Instead of celebrating, David drove me to meet my parents. We swapped cars & I went to GA with them, he came home.
  • Midweek - we went to the beach. Matthew caught a fish in the tidal pool. He didn't care that it was dead. Gag. My kiddos love the beach though - the sand, the water, all of it.
  • Sunday June 28 - celebrate Scarlett's birthday. My sister baked the cake because she wants to make my nephew's and she's never made a cake before. We had a Pinkalicious theme so we put a little food coloring in the cake then we decorated it like a giant cupcake with different shades of pink icing. It was definitely Pinkalicious. David & I went to Jacksonville, FL - my BIL won concert tickets to see Trace Adkins & Toby Keith but he isn't a big fan of theirs so we went instead. It was a nice "date" for us. We spent the night with my sis & BIL and then went to the beach Monday, just the 2 of us. That was nice. My mom kept my niece too & the kids had a ball playing together all day Monday.
  • Tuesday morning - got a call that David's grandfather passed away. Start figuring out our new plans.
  • Thursday - back to TN. David's grandfather was an amazing man who lived 93 years and the last couple of years had just been so hard on him. I think his life was celebrated more than mourned.
  • Saturday - go to Chicago. BIL lives there & had no trouble getting a flight down to TN but wasn't having much luck finding one back. We figured it would be nice to spend the night in IL before we came home....whatever. We did see nice fireworks displays from the roof of his building though.
  • Sunday, July 5 - drive home. I think I spent over 60 hours in the car and David spent over 75. Whew.
  • Monday, July 6 - try to return to normal life. Unpack, laundry, all that fun stuff. Whatever!


Now that that boring update is out of the way, tomorrow I'll try to resume some more interesting posting.

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

WOW, you all really traveled some states! I'm jealous about the concert. I bet it was great.

Sorry to hear the passing of your loved one. Sounds like he did have a full life. Just remember all the good things.

I hope you took lots of pictures of all the states!