Wednesday, June 17, 2009

another matthewism

Sorry for my lack of updates lately - I'm really just trying to not sit at the desk so much! When I sit down the computer becomes a huge hole that sucks me in & doesn't let me out. Our trip to Florida was great. I haven't loaded the pictures onto the pc yet - maybe next year I'll be ready to post them. The condo we used was FABULOUS - lots of room, tile floors everywhere except bedrooms so the sand wasn't annoying, plenty of room for everyone, but best of all, once we got downstairs, we walked out of the building onto the pool deck, around the pool, through the gate, and we were on the beach. I love being right on the beach. Could get used to that. ;)

We just decided last night that the kids & I are leaving this weekend for a trip to Georgia. David will join us the following weekend. That means he won't spend Father's Day with the kids, we won't spend our anniversary together, and he won't see Scarlett on her birthday. As my mom often says "we can celebrate any day", and David has said the same to me about this trip. He really stresses that the kids don't know it's Father's Day or their birthday until we tell them, so we're going to kinda lie to them. That's what great parents we are.

I've been running again. It's been years since I've run, and it feels good, really good. I've even been going to the gym before my other classes to run a while before I spend an hour in class. My boot camp instructor has been really helpful in me establishing a routine so I know how to approach this running. I never really knew before, even when I was "training" for races. (and otherKaci, I haven't measured my inches in a while...thanks for reminding me to do that - I'll get on it before I go to Ga!)

Oh, what I started this post about. I give Matthew & Scarlett "alphabet pretzels" when they finish their lunch. Part of our conversation today went:

Matthew: What do those letters on the bag say?
Me: It says pretzels.
Matthew: What about those letters?
Me: That says alphabet letters.
Matthew: No. It says alphabet letters and broken alphabet letters because these aren't letters. They are broke.

While he was right that the pretzels were broken, it didn't really say that on the bag. ;)

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Well I'm glad you had a wonderful trip to Florida. What part were you in? We stayed in Mexico beach a couple of years ago which is about 45 minutes from Panama City and it was breathtaking. I have been to Miami and of course Daytona but the gulf beaches are just so much more surreal.

Hope you have a great time in GA.

Keep up the good workouts. It always lifted me up when I was more active.