Monday, June 18, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I had an appointment this morning. The doctor said I'm at 1cm, really soft, and possibly will go this week. I remember hearing that often with Matthew too - LOL! We talked more about inducing but decided we would discuss it in more detail at next week's appointment. I still have the cold/cough that makes me feel terrible and she told me to stop trying to fight it and take some sudafed. Sudafed makes me sleepy though, so I hate taking it, and I'm hesitant to take any meds while pregnant. I know they have been approved for use, but I am not real big on taking medicine anytime, especially pregnant.

I also remembered to talk to my doctor about my questions IF I am induced and she has to break my water. That was by far the worst part of the labor & delivery with Matthew. She said that it all depends on how the baby, uterus, and cervix are positioned and that it just happened to be at a bad angle when I was in labor with him. She said that she could have easily broken my water today so she doesn't expect it to be a problem. That makes me feel like maybe if I am induced I could still avoid pain meds, but I still don't like the feeling that I have a deadline (because of MIL's visit and my desire to be home & settled in before she gets here).

On one hand I wish the baby would just hurry up and come on her own, but on the other hand I am so not ready. I am not ready for Matthew to be a big brother - I'm not ready to give up our special times. I'm enjoying being pregnant and I'm not ready for that to end. I haven't bought newborn diapers (I only have size 4s!) yet and my house isn't clean enough for company, so I'm just not prepared! I know it is inevitable, she's coming whether I'm ready or not, but maybe not too soon!

No comments: