Monday, June 25, 2007

pregnancy update

So I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy and have some cruddy cough that is making me feel horrible. My doctor had mentioned scheduling an induction for tomorrow but I told her at my appointment today I just feel too rotten to go through that. I would rather wait until I feel better. She agreed and wants me to go in Thursday for some tests, just to make sure the baby's doing ok. She said if I'm feeling better and would rather be induced Thursday or Friday I can do that too - just call & let her know. So for now we're just taking a "wait & see" approach. If the crud isn't gone by the end of the week, I'll have the tests done & then we'll decide from there She checked me today and I've only dilated another 0.5 cm to 1.5 cm. I feel like that is nature's way of telling me to get better before the baby comes, right? My doctor also won't let me stay pregnant past July 4, so hopefully I'll feel better soon. Of course I could just go into labor on my own, but somehow I don't expect that. I also lost 1 lb since my last appointment so I'm 12 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.

No comments: