Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where are all the good ones?

If you read my last entry you know that I went to the doctor today. Somehow, even at my OB's office, the magazines always suck. So I decided to grab a magazine as I walked out the door, you know, because you never know how long you'll have to wait to be seen. I got there, filled out the new patient paperwork (my OB has moved since I got my IUD inserted), and glanced around the waiting room. A magazine caught my eye! I grabbed the magazine, started flipping, and was on the first article when they called my name. I took it back to the exam room. The NP came straight in, no time to read.

When it came time to leave the office, did I do what any normal person would do and put the magazine back in the waiting room? Oh no, I "hid" it behind my magazine (that I never opened!) and walked out with it. I have NEVER done that before, probably because the magazines always suck! Well today they didn't, at least at 11:15 this morning. This afternoon, because I TOOK the ONE magazine they had that didn't suck, well, now they suck. So I apologize to any of Dr. Bee's patients that have to look at sucky magazines. In my defense, if I hadn't taken it, someone else probably would have. Right? I'll tell myself that to avoid the guilt.

I got home & realized this is the SAME magazine (not the same issue!) that my mother-in-law brought me in August when she visited. She had gone to the dentist and thought it was interesting...so she stole it from there to bring it to me! Yes, I complain about her, but how many of YOUR MILs would steal for you?

I guess that's a good indicator that I need to subscribe to this magazine.


And I promise, I've NEVER walked out of the doctor's office with a magazine before. Well, I have, but only the freebie ones they have for you to take!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

So what magazine is it??? I would like to read a good magazine instead of a sucky one.