Monday, November 9, 2009

and my girl (and me)

Scarlett is something I can't describe. She is such a mess, a little monster, but so sweet and lovable too. She will definitely be the one to try me, to push me, and to test every limit. She has no fear. Today in the store she said "hey" to almost everyone we passed. Most of them say something back. One woman didn't and Scarlett kept on "hey"...."hey"....louder "hey"...even louder "hey". Then "mommy that lady not talking to me."

The other day we watched the NYC Marathon. She noticed the runners had bibs on their fronts & backs and told me "Mommy you don't race with a bib number on your back. You wear it on your tummy." I was surprised & impressed that she put together what she was seeing on tv with going & watching me run.

Me....I dyed my yarn. It didn't turn out anything like I wanted. The tutorial I was following suggested pouring the dye over the yarn in the stockpot and when I tried that it didn't stay in one area...it spread throughout the pot. That makes sense to me, but I saw the pictures (in more than one tutorial) where they did this same thing and their colors actually stayed in individual sections, like pieces of pie within the pot. I don't know what I did different so that mine ran all through, but when I put in 4 colors it didn't look like 4 quadrants, it looked like I mixed 4 colors all together. Not the effect I was going for. I'll do some more research & hopefully next time it will go better.

And, I've signed up for a slot in the 2010 NY Marathon!!! Yeah, fat old me running the big one! No guarantee right now that I'll get in, but I have a chance. It's a lottery & I won't know until March. That means we're definitely putting off baby plans until March, and if I get the spot we'll wait until at least November. I'm also debating about running a marathon in GA in March or one here in April. If I run the one in GA I'll run the half here in April. I wanted to run one in Hawaii but I couldn't get flights to work out. I am really excited about this running...I did 10 miles yesterday & it felt great. I feel great today too...no soreness, no aches/pains, nada. Whew!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

I think that is awesome about signing up for the NY marathon. What a neat thing to do in your life. Live to the fullest!!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We barely escaped the hospital in time and now Carson is on home oxygen. Can we put anymore tubes in this very active kid?

Your little one sounds like Carson. He can spend half the day cuddling with me and the other half being defiant. Oh well, this too shall pass.....right? hee hee

Take care