Monday, March 19, 2007

St Patrick's Day in Chicago

This weekend we went to Chicago for the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament. Chicago is touted as having one of the country's best St. Patrick's Day celebrations, so we looked forward to the weekend for basketball and having a little fun in Chicago. Unfortunately GT lost their basketball game, so that part wasn't much fun! But that's ok, we figured we had the rest of the weekend to enjoy Chicago.

The second unfortunate incident was that I got sick Friday night. It really sucks to be sick away from home. I figured for David's sake I would try to enjoy the rest of the weekend, so Saturday we went downtown and enjoyed seeing them turn the river green. It was quite a sight! Then we tried to go to the parade but we got there too late & missed it all! We were supposed to go to lunch with some friends but since I wasn't feeling well I didn't think I could handle pizza so we decided not to join them. Instead we wandered around the city with David's brother and his girlfriend, ending up at Lincoln Park Zoo. I wasn't sure if Matthew was old enough for the zoo, but he seemed to notice the animals & enjoy looking at them.

Sunday we went and sold the tickets for that day's game - since we weren't playing there wasn't much reason to go. Then since I felt better we went to eat pizza. Can I just say YUM? We have a similar place nearby, that I think does "Chicago style" right :)

No comments: