Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WFMW: Cutting Brownies

If you know me at all, you know I LOVE brownies! Homemade brownies, of course. Ok well, semi-homemade. If you're like me, once you've got the ooey, gooey pan of brownies out of the oven, and you've let them cool just a little, you can hardly wait to dig in. But how do you cut them without tearing them into pieces? My secret...a plastic, yes plastic, knife! A little flimsy plastic knife works wonders for cutting a pan of brownies into nice, neat squares! The brownie doesn't stick to the knife, like it does most knives, and you get clean cuts!

So if you love brownies as much as I do, and you want to make good clean cuts in yours, use a plastic knife. Then, head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesdays tips!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll try that!
Thanks!!

You can find my tip at:

Laane on the World

Have a great day!!!

ttelroc said...

I was thinking when I read your post -- I hope she says plastic! I have a real thin plastic "spreader" for lack of a better term, that I use for just these wonderful treats.

Hey everyone - this is a great tip!

Have A Great Day!
Kristin

Laura said...

Just the other day as I was cutting brownies and they were tearing all apart...I was thinking, "Haven't I heard a trick somewhere about how to cut brownies without them tearing all apart?" Ah-hah! Thanks for reminding what it was! I think I better go make some browinies!

Niki Jolene said...

I will definitely be trying this next time I bake some brownies!

Thanks for sharing!